Employee State Insurance ESI RegistrationMandatory for all companies with > 10 employees contact Us
What is Employee State Insurance CorporationEmployee State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) is a statutory body and an autonomous organization for Providing Medical care to the employees of the Central Government, their nominees and dependents. ESIC offers Medical Benefits Scheme, Family Welfare Services, Accident Compensation and Group Life Insurance to its beneficiaries under the Employees’ State Insurance Act 1948. The Employee State Insurance Corporation was set up with the objective of providing medical benefits which were accessible to all sections of society. ESIC provides free treatment for illness or injury as a result of occupational causes at empanelled hospitals/clinics. As per ESIC Act 1948, “The Corporation shall provide free medical service in case of illness or injury arising out of employment”. ESIC is divided into five circles. Each Circle has a Regional Director and each zone has a Zonal Manager. Separate staffs are deployed at different positions. There are two levels of supervisory staff in ESIC which in the lower level comprises Registration Assistants (RA) and at higher level comprises Senior Medical Assistants (SMA). At the third level there are various positions where doctors, para-medical and paramedical staff work. The fourth level comprises Sub Registrar, Medical Officer, Pharmacist, Radiologist etc. The fifth level is Group Doctors having wide experience of more than 25 years expertise and seniority. ESIC is a statutory body, as such it provides medical benefits under the Employees’ State Insurance Act 1948 and the rules framed thereunder.
What is included in Our ESI Package
ESI Registration Procedure
Complete our Simple Form
You are required to fill your details in our simple questionnaire and submit documents.
After submitting your ESI registration documents, details provided by you will be verified.
Submitting the Application Forms
There are different application forms to be filled and submitted. We will fill the these forms using the information provided by you.
Your work is completed
Once your ESI Registration is complete, we shall send you the 17-digit identification Code Number, Employee Insurance Number and Temporary Identity Card.
Documents Required For ESI Registration
- To be Submitted by Employer
- Registration Certificate or Licence issued under Shops and Establishment Acts or Factories Act.
- Address Proof: Latest Rent receipt of the premises you are occupying indicating the capacity in which the premises are occupied, if applicable.
- Latest building Tax/Property Tax receipt (Photocopy).
- Memorandum and Articles of Association/Partnership Deed/Trust Deed depending on the entity that is applying for registration.
- Photocopy of certificate of Commencement of production and/or Registration No. of CST/ST (or GST once it becomes applicable).
- Copy of PAN Card
- Evidence in support of the date of commencement of production/business/first sale (e.g. Copy of First Invoice).
- Month wise employment position, salary etc.
- Copy of bank statement
- To be Submitted by Employer
- Family Photo in Duplicate
Applicability of ESIC Registration
- The following establishments employing 10 or more persons attracts ESI Registration coverage :
- Hotels or restaurants not having any manufacturing activity, but only providing service.
- Roadside Motor Transport Establishments
- News paper establishments
- Private Educational Institutions and Medical Institutions
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the procedure for registration of an employer?
An employer shall apply for FORM 01 within 15 days after the act becomes applicable to a unit or establishment.
Is it mandatory for the employer to register under ESI?
Yes, it is mandatory requirement for every employer who comes under this act to register their Factory/ Establishment.
What are the compliance requirements?
Every employer covered under this act has to comply with various compliances such as deposit of monthly contribution, in order to file half yearly return and report to ESI Registration authorities if there is any change in business activity, address, ownership and the management, maintenance of registers and records etc.
Whether the benefits grant to insured employees are transferable?
No, right to receive any benefits under this act is not transferable.
5. In which cities does Leciel Consulting provide ESI Registration?
Leciel Consulting provides ESI application services across India in all cities. We have done ESI registration in Mumbai, Delhi, Gurgaon, Noida, Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, Kolkata, Surat, Pune, Jaipur, Lucknow, Kanpur, Nagpur and other Indian cities.